mirabehn has summed up the readthrough extremely well here and on her website here.
So rather than repeat what she's said (with which I agree 100%) I thought I'd add some diverse impressions from the rest of the weekend
- The delicious Thai soup/stew made by the_alchemist the night before. Come to that, all the food was lovely.
- the incredibly girly sleepover atmosphere in the bedroom the night before. We ended up discussing periods for heaven's sake. And mostlyacat coming in and saying "Oooooh!! Girls!!!"
- Ginger Collins the extremely soppy ginger farm cat who popped in & out over the course of the weekend - including jumping on my script just as I was being Gorbag (an Orc). Given the combination of that and andrewwyld's outrrrrageous French accent as Shagrat, I was quite pleased that I still managed to deliver my lines on cue and without cracking up.
- The gorgeous weather. Okay, we were indoors for most of the day, but I spent some time outside before we started the readthrough, and we all ate lunch outside.
- explaining boses and nugs to spindlemere - initially on the Friday night, and then along with gnimmel and purplepiano in a pleasantly relaxed conversation after lunch.
- Bose juice - a cream-soda based soft drink made to a secret recipe by yvesilena and consumed in large quantities during the readthrough
- The world premiere of my version of I'll Never Tell as sung by Legolas and Gimli - sung by mostlyacat and andrewwyld and accompanied by purplepiano
- Discussions of the parallel quest undertaken by sheep during the action of Lord of the Rings
- The huge hugfest that happened when we finished the final episode
- Just the generally wonderful atmosphere during the whole thing